So you're driving along minding your own business and an officer pulls you over, or you are going through a weighbridge and an officer requests to view your fatigue records - with a Written Work Diary (WWD) you would just pass your book over - so how does this differ in the Quallogi Electronic Work Diary (EWD)?
When an officer requests to view your Work Diary records, remove your device from it's cradle and disconnect it from it's power cable. Then follow these steps:
- Click the 'Compliance' icon on the main screen
- The screen orientation will change to landscape, and you will see the compliance view - which displays as a Work Diary graph
- You can now hand over your device. The officer should be trained by the NHVR in how to use EWDs, and can view all the information they need. They can email records from the last 28 days, and add annotations from this screen.
The officer cannot leave compliance mode and access to the rest of the app is password protected for data security.
- Once the officer is done, and has handed your device back, click the back arrow at the top right of your screen
- Enter your password and click Ok.
- Mount your device back in it's cradle and connect to power, ensure your are in work mode and then you may continue driving.