Say you forgot to press rest on your EWD when you've pulled up to grab a feed at the truck stop, and you've come back to a fatigue breach. Not to fear, you can edit work and rest records for your current shift in the Quallogi app on Apple and Android devices. There are two ways to do this:
Mid-shift EWD menu
- From the main screen, click the 'EWD' icon
- From this screen you can see your work and rest records for the day. You can navigate between days using the <> arrows. Click on the work or rest icon you wish to edit.
- This will expand the record to show further details. Click the blue Edit Pencil icon to open the edit record screen. Please note, you can only edit EWD records for the current shift. Records from previous shifts are locked away as per NHVR specifications.
- By clicking on the corresponding box, you can edit the following fields:
Record type (Work or Rest), Start Date / Time, Location or Odo
- To edit the Date / Time, click on Start Date / Time. This will open a date and time picker, where you can change the date.
You can only change the date / time so that it follows the Start date / time of the previous record - to avoid other records being overwritten.
Only the 'Start' time can be edited. If you wish to edit the end time - you will need to edit the 'Start' time for the following record
- Once the edit is confirmed, you will need to add a comment to explain why the edit was made
- Once the comment is added, tap Save.
- You will now see the record with edited details in the EWD screen and compliance report
End of shift declaration - last chance to edit!
This is the last chance to edit your records before signing off on them looking correct, as per NHVR specifications.
After you have tapped to end shift, and checked the initial declaration, you will be taken to the Confirm Records screen.
From here you can view that shift's records. If you tap on one of the records, it will expand to show full details.
You can click the edit pencil to edit the entry, as shown in the previous steps.
And it's as simple as that to edit log book records in the Quallog Electronic Work Diary app on Android and Apple mobile devices.