1. Can I use any device with Q EWD as an approved EWD?
Only an NHVR approved device for the Q EWD system is allowed. Please refer to the NHVR website for a list of all devices approved for the Q by Quallogi EWD system.
2. Do I need to have an installed cradle and charger in the cabin of the truck?
Yes,, it is an NHVR requirement to have a mobile device cradle and charger installed and the mobile device held in the cradle during use of the approved EWD.
Under no circumstances can a driver allow the mobile device with the EWD app installed to become loose in the cabin of the truck, and not be in the charging cradle, when the vehicle is driven..
3. Does the mobile device need to be connected to the 4G/5G mobile network with adequate data availability?
Yes, the driver is responsible for the provision of a mobile device that is connected to the 4G/5G network and has an adequate data plan to ensure the approved EWD is always operational and all EWD records are confirmable and stored in the cloud,
4. What if the approved EWD or the mobile device fails and cannot be used?
The driver is responsible to report the approved EWD fault directly to the Approved EWD Service Provider that provides the EWD service, or if you work for a company, report the fault to the supervisor. In addition, the driver is responsible to use Supplementary National Work Diary pages (refer to NHVR website for a PDF copy) until the approved EWD is operational.
5. What is the average mobile data use for the EWD each month?
Based on an average number of work/rest events over a 14 hour work day, and five (5) days per week, the average data use is between 0.5GB and 1GB.
6. What are the minimum mobile Operating System (OS) versions for this approved EWD?
For Android mobile devices it is version 6.0 or greater, while for IOS it is version 12.0 or greater.
7. What do I do if my EWD is not working, lost or stolen?
Firstly notify your Recordkeeper, and if you are also the Recordkeeper, you must notify NHVR within two business days.
While you await a fully operational EWD, you can use Supplementary record (PDF on NHVR website) or a WWD only for the duration leading up to the EWD becoming operational.
8. Can you run the app in the background while using other apps or does it need to be on screen full time?
The app can run in the background. So when you are on your rest break feel free to check your emails and make calls. The app will continue to run and time your rest break in the background.